|Product Name||Roundup ProActive|
|Active Substances||360 g/l glyphosate|
|Areas of Use||Includes: Amenity vegetation, enclosed waters, forest, grassland (destruction), hard surfaces, land immediately adjacent to aquatic areas, open waters, permeable surfaces overlying soil.|
|Mode of Action Group||Inhibition of EPSP synthase|
Roundup ProActive is a systemic penetrant total herbicide containing 360 g/l glyphosate for the control of annual & perennial grasses and most broad-leaved weeds on ground prior to the planting of crops, around amenity vegetation, in forests and on tree stumps, for destruction of grassland, and on hard, permeable and natural surfaces. Five litres of Roundup ProActive 360 covers 0.5 ha to 3.8 ha at a rate of 1.3-10 L/ha.
Roundup ProActive is a foliar applied systemic penetrant total herbicide. Roundup contains glyphosate which moves systemically within the plant to give highly effective control of unwanted vegetation during phases of active plant growth.
The addition of a blend of two surfactants in the formulation improves application by reducing drift and ensuring that once applied, the product is rapidly rainfast. Retention, uptake and translocation are enhanced; so more glyphosate gets to the growing points providing superior long-term weed control.
Roundup ProActive is an ideal tank mix partner for Valdor® Flex to control existing vegetation and provide long lasting weed control
|Roundup ProActive is available in two pack sizes:|
|1 L||0.1 - 0.8||1,000 - 8,000|
|5 L||0.5 - 3.3||5,000 - 33,000|
Instructions for use
Where to use
Roundup ProActive Total Weed Killer can be used in a wide range of situations, including those listed below. For details of other uses, consult the label.
- Amenity vegetation - Any areas of semi natural or ornamental vegetation, including trees.
- Enclosed waters - Any natural or artificial body of water that does not drain to a water course.
- Forest - Groups of trees being grown in their final positions e.g. after planting out from a forest nursery.
- Grassland (destruction) - Land grown for grass production includes short and long-term grass leys and permanent pasture, which may be grazed and /or cut for subsequent animal consumption.
- Hard surfaces - Any man-made impermeable surface, such as concrete or asphalt and including railway ballast, that is not intended to bear vegetation.
- Land immediately adjacent to aquatic areas - The bank of any water course or body of water.
- Open waters - Any natural or artificial body of water that drains to a water course or is used as a reservoir for domestic water supplies.
- Permeable surfaces overlying soil - Any man-made permeable surface (excluding railway ballast), such as gravel, that overlies soil and is not intended to bear vegetation.
When to use
Apply once grasses and broad-leaved weeds have emerged and are actively growing (normally March to October). A period without rain of at least six hours and preferably 24 hours must follow application.
How to use
- For conventional vehicle mounted or handheld spray equipment, apply at a rate of 1.3-10 l/ha in 80-400 l/ha using a medium spray quality nozzle.
- For specialised ULV applicators such as Mankar, apply neat.
- For conventional rotary atomisers use a spray volume of 10-40 l/ha.
- For stem injection use 2 ml of neat solution per stem.
- For weed wipers use 1 part Roundup ProActive to 1-2 parts water.
|Situation or type of weed||Application rate||Water Volume for conventional spray equipment|
|Annual weeds||1.3 l/ha||80-250 l/ha|
|Perennial grasses||4.0 l/ha||80-250 l/ha|
|Perennial broadleaved weeds||5.0 l/ha||80-250 l/ha|
|Grassland destruction||3-6 l/ha||150-250 l/ha|
|Enclosed water, open waters and land immediately adjacent to aquatic areas||5-6 l/ha||100- 400 l/ha|
*For full application details consult the product label
Our Mankar-Carry Sprayer Range
has been specially developed
for use with Roundup ProActive 360
Use Roundup ProActive with Valdor® Flex for control of existing weeds AND a long term barrier preventing the emergence of new weeds
|Tank mix component||Rates|
|Roundup ProActive||1.3-5 l/ha|
|Valdor® Flex||0.5 kg/ha|
- Do not apply lime, fertiliser, manure or pesticides within seven days of treatment.
- Does not give acceptable control of horsetail.
- Avoid contact with non-target plants.
- Do not spray onto weeds suffering from drought stress.
- Do not spray when frosty.
Bio-Chemical Mode of Action: Glyphosate belongs to the Inhibition of Enolpyruvyl Shikimate Phosphate Synthase (ESPS) group of herbicides.
ESPS herbicides work by shutting down the shikimate pathway which is used in the production of the proteins it needs to grow and survive.
Mobility: Glyphosate is a systemic penetrant which means that the active substance can be translocated downwards through the plant within the phloem (sugar conducting tissues) and upwards through the plant within the xylem (water conducting tissues).
Application timing: ESPS herbicides are best applied when the weeds are actively growing. They are generally more effective when target plants are younger and in their vegetative phases.
Resistance: As of 2018, 38 weed species distributed across 37 countries and in 34 different crop and 6 non-crop situations had been identified.
For further information on Roundup ProActive 360, please contact a member of our technical sales team on 01952 897917.
Find more information in our guide How To Know Which Herbicide to Choose
Safe use of pesticides
The purchaser and/or end users are responsible for ensuring that these products are used in line with industry Approved Codes of Practice. All operators must be trained and certificated in using and applying any Ministry Approved professional product.
Please be aware that by proceeding you are purchasing a professional pesticide product.
You must ensure the end user of these products complies with the DEFRA/HSE Code for the Safe use of Pesticides:
"By law, everyone who uses pesticides professionally must have received adequate training in using pesticides safely and be skilled in the job they are carrying out."