|Product Name||Gallup® Home and Garden|
|Areas of Use||Unwanted vegetation|
|Mode of Action Group||Inhibition of EPSP synthase|
Active ingredient: 360 g/L Glyphosate in a soluble concentrate.
MAPP No. 17672
Gallup® Home & Garden is a systemic penetrant total herbicide containing 360 g/l glyphosate for the control of annual and deep root perennial weeds and grasses in private gardens. It can be applied at a rate of 6 l/ha (0.6 ml/m2).
- Provides cost effective control of emerged weeds for amateur users in private gardens
- Ideal for clearing weed-covered ground prior to planting or sowing
- Professional strength formulation
Gallup® Home & Garden is a professional strength glyphosate authorised for non-professional use. Glyphosate provides effective control of weeds and grasses following contact with the leaves. The glyphosate then moves systemically within treated plants to control not just top growth but also the roots of unwanted vegetation.
Once the glyphosate, the active substance in Gallup® Home & Garden, comes into contact with the soil it is broken down by microbes. This means that there is no lasting effect from the herbicide on treated ground and cultivation or planting can be started as early as 7 days after application.
This 1 L bottle is sufficient to treat up to 600 m2.
Gallup® Home & Garden can be used to control annual and deep rooted perennial garden weeds, including grasses, docks, nettles willowherb, dandelion, bindweed and more.
Instructions for use
Where to use
- Unwanted vegetation - Any unwanted vegetation, including unwanted plants in private gardens.
When to use
Apply once grasses and broadleaved weeds have emerged, are actively growing and have adequate leaf area to absorb the spray (normally March to October). Perennial broad-leaved weeds are generally most susceptible when at or near flowering stage. Perennial grasses must have produced fresh leaves which are green and vigorous. A period without rain of at least six hours and preferably 24 hours must follow application.
How to use
|Crop||Maximum Treatments||Pack Coverage||Application Rate||Water Volume||Application Method||Spray quality|
|Unwanted vegetation||2 per annum||600 m2||0.6 ml/m2||25 ml/m2||Knapsack sprayer||Medium - coarse|
- Add half the required water to the spray tank.
- Add the required amount of Gallup® Home & Garden to the spray tank.
- Top-up the spray tank with water to the required level and agitate to mix thoroughly.
- Use immediately.
- Avoid contact with non-target plants
- A period of at least 6 hours and preferably 24 hours rain-free must follow application
- Treat established perennial weeds at the start of flowering for best effect
- Do not spray in windy conditions
- Weeds may show the first effects from a few days up to 4 weeks after application depending on the weather and type of weed
- Leave treated weeds for at least 7 days before cultivating
- Some tough weeds (e.g. ground elder) may need a repeat treatment after 3-4 weeks if regrowth appears
- Do not use on lawns.
Bio-Chemical Mode of Action: Glyphosate belongs to the Inhibition of Enolpyruvyl Shikimate Phosphate Synthase (ESPS) group of herbicides.
ESPS herbicides work by shutting down the shikimate pathway which is used in the production of the proteins it needs to grow and survive.
Mobility: Glyphosate is a systemic penetrant which means that the active substance can be translocated downwards through the plant within the phloem (sugar conducting tissues) and upwards through the plant within the xylem (water conducting tissues).
Application timing: ESPS herbicides are best applied when the weeds are actively growing. They are generally more effective when target plants are younger and in their vegetative phases.
Resistance: As of 2018, 38 weed species distributed across 37 countries and in 34 different crop and 6 non-crop situations had been identified.
For further information regarding Barclay Gallup Home And Garden Glyphosate 1L, please contact our technical sales team on 01952 897917.
Find more information in our guide How To Know Which Herbicide to Choose
|SKU||Product||Product Label (PDF Link)|
|184768||Barclay Gallup Home And Garden Weed Killer||Product Label (PDF)|