|Product Name||Roundup ProActive|
|Active Substances||360 g/l glyphosate|
|Areas of Use||Includes: Amenity vegetation, enclosed waters, forest, grassland (destruction), hard surfaces, land immediately adjacent to aquatic areas, open waters, permeable surfaces overlying soil.|
|Mode of Action Group||Inhibition of EPSP synthase|
Roundup ProActive controls annual and perennial grasses as well as most broad-leaved weeds. It contains 360 g/l glyphosate and is an ideal herbicide weed killer in many situations and areas. RoundUp ProActive can be applied on ground prior to the planting of crops, around amenity vegetation, in forests and on tree stumps, for destruction of grassland, and on hard, permeable, and natural surfaces.
One litre of Roundup ProActive 360 covers 0.1 ha to 0.8 ha at a rate of 1.3-10 L/ha.
The 360 g/l glyphosate moves systemically within the plant helping to maximise control of unwanted vegetation during phases of active plant growth.
RoundUp ProActive is boosted by the addition of a blend of two surfactants in the formulation. These surfactants improve application by reducing drift when spraying the product and also help to make it rainfast once applied. Furthermore, retention, uptake and translocation are improved allowing the glyphosate to reach the all-important growing points in the plant. This results in providing a superior long-term weed control.
Roundup ProActive is an ideal tank mix partner for Valdor® Flex to control existing vegetation and provide long lasting weed control.
|Roundup ProActive is available in two pack sizes:|
|1 L||0.1 - 0.8||1,000 - 8,000|
|5 L||0.5 - 3.3||5,000 - 33,000|
Instructions for use
Where to use
Roundup ProActive can be used in a wide range of situations, including those listed below. Always consult the label for more information and other uses.
- Amenity vegetation - Any areas of semi natural or ornamental vegetation, including trees.
- Enclosed waters - Any natural or artificial body of water that does not drain to a water course.
- Forest - Groups of trees being grown in their final positions e.g. after planting out from a forest nursery.
- Grassland (destruction) - Land grown for grass production includes short and long-term grass leys and permanent pasture, which may be grazed and /or cut for subsequent animal consumption.
- Hard surfaces - Any man-made impermeable surface, such as concrete or asphalt and including railway ballast, that is not intended to bear vegetation.
- Land immediately adjacent to aquatic areas - The bank of any water course or body of water.
- Open waters - Any natural or artificial body of water that drains to a water course or is used as a reservoir for domestic water supplies.
- Permeable surfaces overlying soil - Any man-made permeable surface (excluding railway ballast), such as gravel, that overlies soil and is not intended to bear vegetation.
When to use
For best results, apply Roundup ProActive as soon as grasses and broad-leaved weeds have emerged and are actively growing (normally March to October). Following application ensure that no rain is imminent – at least for a period of six hours and preferably 24 hours.
How to use
- Conventional vehicle mounted or handheld spray equipment - apply at a rate of 1.3-10 l/ha in 80-400 l/ha using a medium spray quality nozzle.
- Specialised ULV applicators such as Mankar - apply neat.
- Conventional rotary atomisers - use a spray volume of 10-40 l/ha.
- Stem injection - 2 ml of neat solution per stem.
- Weed wipers - use 1 part Roundup ProActive to 1-2 parts water.
|Situation or type of weed||Application rate||Water Volume for conventional spray equipment|
|Annual weeds||1.3 l/ha||80-250 l/ha|
|Perennial grasses||4.0 l/ha||80-250 l/ha|
|Perennial broadleaved weeds||5.0 l/ha||80-250 l/ha|
|Grassland destruction||3-6 l/ha||150-250 l/ha|
|Enclosed water, open waters and land immediately adjacent to aquatic areas||5-6 l/ha||100- 400 l/ha|
*For full application details consult the product label
Our Mankar-Carry Sprayer Range
has been specially developed
for use with Roundup ProActive 360
Use Roundup ProActive with Valdor® Flex for control of existing weeds AND a long term barrier preventing the emergence of new weeds
|Tank mix component||Rates|
|Roundup ProActive||1.3-5 l/ha|
|Valdor® Flex||0.5 kg/ha|
- Do not apply lime, fertiliser, manure or pesticides within seven days of treatment.
- Does not give acceptable control of horsetail.
- Ensure the product does not come into target with non-target plants.
- Do not spray onto weeds suffering from drought stress.
- Do not spray when frosty or windy.
Bio-Chemical Mode of Action: Glyphosate belongs to the Inhibition of Enolpyruvyl Shikimate Phosphate Synthase (ESPS) group of herbicides.
ESPS herbicides work by shutting down the shikimate pathway which is used in the production of the proteins it needs to grow and survive.
Mobility: Glyphosate is a systemic penetrant which means that the active substance can be translocated downwards through the plant within the phloem (sugar conducting tissues) and upwards through the plant within the xylem (water conducting tissues).
Application timing: ESPS herbicides are best applied when the weeds are actively growing. They are generally more effective when target plants are younger and in their vegetative phases.
Resistance: As of 2018, 38 weed species distributed across 37 countries and in 34 different crop and 6 non-crop situations had been identified.
For further information on Roundup ProActive 360, please contact a member of our technical sales team on 01952 897917.
Find more information in our guide How To Know Which Herbicide to Choose
Safety Data Sheets
|SKU||Product||Safety Data Sheet (PDF Link)|
|166540||Roundup ProActive 360 1 L||Safety Data Sheet (PDF)|