|Active Substance||18.700 g / l dicamba
150.000 g / l mecoprop-P
|Formulation Type||Soluble concentrate|
|Field of Use||Herbicide|
|Areas of Use||Managed amenity turf|
For the perfect weed-free lawn look no further than Hygrass-P Selective Herbicide. This unique product controls a wide range of weeds including creeping buttercup, docks, spear thistle, mouse-ear, chickweed, plantain, clover, dandelion, daisy and scentless mayweed.
Hygrass-P Selective can easily be applied with a knapsack or boom sprayer and is the ideal product to spot spray troublesome weeds in managed turf and formal grass up to twice a year.
Hygrass-P is a soluble concentrate selective herbicide and contains 150g/l Mecoprop (13.8% w/w) 18.7g/l dicamba (1.7% w/w) as the potassium salts.
Hygrass-P controls the following weeds:
- Creeping Buttercup
- Spear Thistle
- Bird's Trefoil
- Common Mouse-ear
Please not that Hygrass-P also reduces the occurrence of dandelions.
When to apply
Hygrass-P achieves best results between April and September, in moist soil and on turf which is actively growing.
|Hygrass-P Application Window|
How to apply
- Use clean water to half fill the spray tank
- Add the required quantity of Hygrass-P to the spray tank
- Fill the rest of the spray tank with water to top the mixture up
|Type of Application||Hygrass-P||Water Volume||Per Area Size|
|Spray Tank||5 L||200 - 500 L||1 Ha|
|Knapsack Sprayer||0.5 ml||20 - 50 ml||1 m²|
- For maximum effect spray when the weeds have adequate leaf area to absorb the product.
- Re-treatment may be necessary for well established, difficult to control weeds.
- Allow an interval of at least 6 weeks between treatments.
Sprayer Care Advice
- Spraying equipment should be thoroughly washed after use with water and wetting agent or liquid detergent.
- Spray out and then fill with clean water. Leave overnight.
- Before storing the sprayer or using another product in it, always ensure that you have sprayed out any remaining product. This can prevent harm to susceptible vegetation.
Restrictions on Use
- Do not exceed the maximum dose of 5 L Hygrass-P per hectare.
- Do not use Hygrass-P in fields in which clover forms an important part of the sward.
- Avoid drift onto all broad-leaved plants outside the target area.
- When used in managed amenity turf and lawns, the first four mowings of treated grass must be composted for six months before use as a mulch.
- Do not use on new grass for six months after establishment.
- Do not cut grass for one day after treatment.
- Do not apply to grass suffering from drought, during freezing conditions or when rain is imminent.
For further information regarding Hygrass-P Selective Herbicide 5 L, please contact our technical sales team on 01952 897917.
Find more information in our guide How To Know Which Herbicide to Choose
Safe use of pesticides
The purchaser and/or end users are responsible for ensuring that these products are used in line with industry Approved Codes of Practice. All operators must be trained and certificated in using and applying any Ministry Approved professional product.
Please be aware that by proceeding you are purchasing a professional pesticide product.
You must ensure the end user of these products complies with the DEFRA/HSE Code for the Safe use of Pesticides:
"By law, everyone who uses pesticides professionally must have received adequate training in using pesticides safely and be skilled in the job they are carrying out."