|Active Substances||Fatty acids: pelargonic acid|
|Areas of Use||Amenity grassland, amenity vegetation, managed amenity turf, natural surfaces not intended to bear vegetation and various fruit and vegetable crops|
|Mode of Action Group||Unknown mode of action|
Finalsan® is a contact herbicide for post-emergent application. It controls a broad spectrum of annual and perennial broad-leaved weeds and grasses, mosses and algae on amenity grassland, amenity vegetation, managed amenity turf, and natural surfaces not intended to bear vegetation. It can be applied up to eight times per year at a rate of 17 ml/m2.
- Fast acting herbicide effective on young and actively growing weeds
- Effective against horsetail (Equisetum spp)
- Fully biodegradable in plants and soil
Finalsan® contains the active substance pelargonic acid, a naturally occurring fatty acid. It is a fast acting contact herbicide which delivers rapid knockdown of young and actively growing weeds as well as mosses and algae. Treated plants will begin to collapse within hours of application with complete burndown of top growth often achieved within 24 hours.
Finalsan® is a contact herbicide with no residual activity. This makes it particularly useful for use as a directed spray for controlling annual weeds in places where systemic herbicides can cause unwanted damage.
For control of mosses it is important to achieve thorough coverage and to repeat applications if required.
This 10 L bottle is sufficient to treat 588 m2.
Finalsan® gives post-emergence control of a wide range of broad-leaved and grass weeds including the following:
|Grasses||Annual Herbs||Perennial Herbs|
|Annual meadow-grass (Poa annua)
||Red dead nettle (Lamium spp)
Chickweed (Stellaria media)
Knotgrasses (Polygonum spp)
|Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale)
Greater plantain (Plantago major)
Creeping thistle (Cirsium arvense)
Established broadleaved perennial herbs may require repeat applications as Finalsan® does not work systemically within the plant and therefore may not prevent re-growth. Finalsan® also controls mosses and algae.
Instructions For Use
Where to use
For use on
- Amenity grassland - Areas of semi-natural or planted grassland subject to minimal or non-intensive management.
- Amenity vegetation - Any areas of semi natural or ornamental vegetation, including trees (see product label for susceptible non-target plants).
- Managed amenity turf - Areas of frequently mown intensively managed turf, including fields used for turf production.
- Natural surfaces not intended to bear vegetation - Areas of soil or natural outcroppings of rock that are not intended to bear vegetation.
When to use
Finalsan® can be used between 1st May and 1st September and is most effective when applied to young weeds during periods when temperatures exceed 15°C
How to use
|Crop||Maximum Treatments||Pack Coverage||Application Method||Application Rates||Water Volume|
|Amenity grassland & managed amenity turf for moss control||1||588 m2||Watering can (for control of mosses in decorative lawns and turf)||17 ml/m2||1 l/m2|
|Amenity vegetation||4||588 m2||Conventional knapsack sprayer||17 ml/m2||100 ml/m2|
|Natural surfaces not intended to bear vegetation (weed control)||8||588 m2||Conventional knapsack sprayer||17 ml/m2||100 ml/m2|
|Natural surfaces not intended to bear vegetation (moss control)||4||588 m2||Conventional knapsack sprayer||17 ml/m2||100 ml/m2|
- Add half the required water to the spray tank (in hard water areas use rain or soft water)
- Add the required amount of Finalsan® to the spray tank and agitate thoroughly
- Top-up the spray tank with water to the required level
- Use immediately being sure to thoroughly cover target weeds, moss or algae
- Do not direct spray or allow spray drift onto cultivated plants.
- Use a spray shield to avoid contact with leaves or fruits of cultivated crops.
- Do not apply until weeds have established and ground cover has reached approximately 25%.
- The effect can be lessened at temperatures below 15°C.
- Rainfall within less than 12 hours after treatment may impair the effect of the product.
- Avoid applying within 5 m of the field boundary to reduce effects on non-target insects or other arthropods.
- Repeated application may be required as Finalsan® does not have a long-term effect.
- Can be used under shrubs and trees because Finalsan® does not harm the woody parts of plants.
- Some transient scorch or bleaching and reduction in the growth of treated areas of turf is likely following applications to grass or turf.
- Do not apply to grass suffering from drought or during freezing conditions.
- Do not cut grass for one day after treatment.
Bio-Chemical Mode of Action: Pelargonic acid belongs to the group of herbicides with an unknown mode of action. It is thought that pelargonic acid penetrates the waxy leaf cuticle destroying the cell membranes. This results in rapid desiccation of the cell contents.
Mobility: Pelargonic acid is a contact herbicide which means that only plant tissues that come into contact with the herbicide will be affected.
Application timing: Pelargonic acid is best applied when temperatures are greater than 15°C and weed cover is at least 25%.
Resistance: The risk of resistance development is considered to be low.
For further information regarding Finalsan 10 L, please contact our technical sales team on 01952 897917.
Find more information in our guide How To Know Which Herbicide to Choose
Safety Data Sheets
|SKU||Product||Safety Data Sheet (PDF Link)|
|182405||Finalsan 10 L - Herbicide||Safety Data Sheet (PDF)|
|SKU||Product||Product Label (PDF Link)|
|182405||Finalsan 10 L - Herbicide||Product Label (PDF)|
|182405||Finalsan 10 L - Herbicide||Finalsan MAPP 13516 Factsheet||Download file (PDF)|
Safe use of pesticides
The purchaser and/or end users are responsible for ensuring that these products are used in line with industry Approved Codes of Practice. All operators must be trained and certificated in using and applying any Ministry Approved professional product.
Please be aware that by proceeding you are purchasing a professional pesticide product.
You must ensure the end user of these products complies with the DEFRA/HSE Code for the Safe use of Pesticides:
"By law, everyone who uses pesticides professionally must have received adequate training in using pesticides safely and be skilled in the job they are carrying out."