|Active Substances||Clopyralid, florasulam & fluroxypyr|
|Areas of Use||Managed amenity turf & Amenity grassland|
|Phytomobility||Phloem mobile systemic|
|Mode of Action Group||Synthetic auxins & ALS inhibitors|
Praxys is a systemic penetrant selective contact herbicide containing a powerful combination of three active substances. Praxys can be used to control a wide range of broad-leaved weeds in amenity grassland and managed amenity turf. Praxys has low application rates which can be used flexibly according to the weeds that are present. This reduces cost and pesticide loading when controlling problem weeds in turf surfaces.
Praxys is an ideal herbicide for controlling a wide range of weeds in parkland areas as well as roadside verges, airfields and golf courses. It gives high performance control of weeds with tap roots such as dandelion as well as other difficult to control weeds such as buttercup and clover. All three active substances are systemic, enabling them to effectively control the whole plant.
- Combines three active substances
- Rapid absorption into target plants
- Complete control of the whole plant from root to tip
- Rainfast within one hour
- High selectivity to both established and young turf
Instructions for use
Where to use
Praxys can be used in all amenity grassland and managed amenity turf situations where the clippings will not be collected for use in mulch, compost or green waste and where the land will not be grazed or used for animal feed or bedding.
- Amenity grassland: Areas of semi-natural or planted grassland subject to minimal or non-intensive management
- Managed amenity turf: Areas of frequently mown, intensively managed turf including all types of sports turf, golf greens, tees and fairways
When to use
Praxys can be used between 1st February to 30th September and is most effective when used to treat weeds that are small and actively growing.
How to use
Praxys can be applied using either a knapsack or a tractor mounted boom sprayer using a medium spray quality nozzle:
- Half fill the spray tank with water
- Add the required amount of Praxys and agitate to ensure thorough mixing
- Add the remaining water and continue to agitate
- Maintain agitation of the spray solution whilst spraying
- After spraying clean all spraying equipment inside and out, using a suitable spray tank cleaner
- Avoid cutting the grass for three days before and after application to ensure sufficient weed leaf surface is present to allow uptake and translocation of Praxys
- Do not use where clippings are collected for use in mulch, compost or green waste
- Do not use on land that will be grazed by livestock or where vegetation will be ued for animal feed or bedding within 12 months of treatment
- Avoid contact with non-target plants
- Allow an interval of four weeks between application and re-seeding
- Avoid applying when turf is wet or under stress
For further information regarding Praxys Herbicide, please contact a technical sales advisor on 01952 897917.
Find more information in our guide How To Know Which Herbicide to Choose
Safe use of pesticides
The purchaser and/or end users are responsible for ensuring that these products are used in line with industry Approved Codes of Practice. All operators must be trained and certificated in using and applying any Ministry Approved professional product.
Please be aware that by proceeding you are purchasing a professional pesticide product.
You must ensure the end user of these products complies with the DEFRA/HSE Code for the Safe use of Pesticides:
"By law, everyone who uses pesticides professionally must have received adequate training in using pesticides safely and be skilled in the job they are carrying out."