Ant nematodes are native, naturally occurring microscopic worms which cause the ants to relocate their nest to an alternative location away from the area treated. The Nematodes (Steinernema feltiae) are applied directly into the nest using a watering can. Ideal for controlling ant nests in grassed areas such as lawns and planted borders.
Please note: there is a two week turnaround for delivery on this product. This is a living product and has a very short shelf life. Please order within the necessary time frame for application, most arrive with a 2-3 week expiry date.
The ants do not tolerate the nematodes near their nests and move their nests away from these areas. Ants are not killed by Nemasys No Ants, but leave the area that has been treated.
- How far away the ants will move their nests is very difficult to determine as it is dependent upon many factors such as soil structure, moisture content and weather conditions. However, it is usually far enough to solve the problem in the area targeted.
- Nemasys No Ants ant nematodes are safe to use on turf or soil without any of the precautions associated with chemical use. People and animals can be allowed on the area immediately after treatment.
- When there are signs of ant activity, apply Nemasys No Ants directly on to the nests.
- Nemasys No Ants should be applied to moist turf or soil. If applying in hot weather it is better to wait till later in the day when the ground won’t dry out so quickly. Water well after application and keep well watered for at least two weeks.
- The ant nematodes are supplied as a powder which will keep for up to 2 weeks in a refrigerator and should be used in one go once opened.
- Simply repeat as often as is needed to keep the area free of ants - it is impossible to overdose.
- Totally safe to use near food crops.
- Each large pack will treat up to 50 nests.
Periods of Use
As the ant nematodes are a cure rather than a preventative measure, DO NOT apply the nematodes until ants are present and the soil is 10°C. You can apply the nematodes as long as the soil temperature is 10°C, normally between mid April and September.
How to Apply
- DO NOT order until the soil temperature is 10°C or above and ants are present.
- Mix contents of Nemasys No Ants into 5 litres of water
- Stir mixture thoroughly to form a stock solution
- Pour 500 millilitres of stock solution and an additional 4.5 litres of water into your watering can
- Empty the watering can over 5 nests or 5 m²
- Repeat above steps for every 5 nests or every 5 m² until all stock solution is used
For Persistent Ant Infestations
Where ants occur repeatedly re-apply the ant nematodes at 4 week intervals.
This product is a biological control which is fully compatible with an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programme.
- This product is harmless to people, animals and the environment.
- Biological controls are living organisms, as a result the exact timing of availability and application may differ according to local environmental conditions. This may cause a slight variance in the life cycle of the target pest species from year to year. Users are advised to closely monitor their local site for signs of pest appearance, susceptible life stages and crop damage.
- Due to the fact that biological controls contain living organisms they have a short expiry date and should be refrigerated prior to use.
We can arrange a planned programme which delivers you 3 packs of ant nematodes at 4 week intervals. Please call the office on 01952 641949.
Safety Data Sheets
|SKU||Product||Safety Data Sheet (PDF Link)|
|189226||Nemasys No Ants||Safety Data Sheet (PDF)|