The Whiptec tree shelter tubes are rigid, twin-walled, cylindrical tubes with a flared upper rim to limit bark abrasion. The Whiptec shelters create a micro-climate for the trees resulting in stronger initial establishment and a much higher tree survival rate. These micro-climatic conditions also help to increase air moisture within the tree shelter tube which can reduce water stress, ensuring the tree can last longer during drought conditions.
Our Whiptec trees shelters not only help trees to develop stronger roots, but they provide vital protection from browsing animals. Suitable for a variety of applications including forestry, landscaping and on road verges.
These Whiptec Standard Tree Guards come complete with Releasable Cable Ties
Bulk discounts available - please contact us directly for a quote.
Features & Benefits
- Manufactured from UV-stabilised photodegradable polypropylene
- Twin-wall tube construction
- Pre-fitted with releasable tree ties (three as standard on the 1.5 m and 1.8 m tubes for additional stability on taller tubes)
- Green colour allows the correct balance of light wavelengths to be absorbed by the tree - a process called photomorphogenesis
- UV-stabilised to provide an estimated lifespan of 5 - 7 years (please note this can vary depending on location, climate and site conditions)
- Flared upper rim to minimise stem bark abrasion
- The polypropylene tubes of Whiptec tree guards are recyclable
- Whiptec Tree Guards have been assessed and certified as meeting the requirements of NP EN ISO 9001:2015
|Sizes Available (cm)||Diameters (mm)||Reusable Tie||Colour||Pack Size|
|60||76 - 105||1||Green||Nests of 5|
|75||76 - 105||2||Green||Nests of 5|
|120||76 - 105||2||Green||Nests of 5|
View our range of Tree Stakes here
For further information on the Whiptec Standard Tree Guards, please contact a member of our technical sales team on 01952 897917.